The Council of the Municipality of Delchevo is the representative body of the citizens. The Council is composed of 15 citizens' representatives, elected by general, direct and free elections by secret ballot. The mandate of the council members is four years. The Council elects a President from among the members of the Council for a term of four years. The president of the council convenes and manages the sessions of the council, takes care of the organization and work of the council, signs the regulations adopted by the council and submits them to the mayor for publication within three days of their adoption.
COMPETENCES OF THE MUNICIPALITY OF DELCHEVO MUNICIPALITY
- Adopts the statute of municipalities and other regulations.
- Adopts the municipal budget and the annual account of the municipality.
- Determines the amount of its own sources of revenue for financing the municipality within the limits determined by law.
- Establishes public services within the competence of municipalities and oversees their affairs.
- Appoints members of the public service management boards it establishes.
- Adopts work programs and financial plans for public service financing established by the municipality.
- Adopts the budget execution reports and the annual accounts of the municipality.
- It decides on granting a license to carry out an activity of public interest of local importance, in accordance with the law.
- Adopts work reports and annual accounts of public services established by the municipality.
- Decides on the manner of disposal with the ownership of the municipality.
- It decides on the manner of financial control of the municipal budget, in accordance with the law.
- Elects the person who manages the regional unit of the Ministry of Interior in the municipality in accordance with the law.
- It reviews and adopts the annual report on public safety in the area of the municipality, which it submits to the Minister of Interior and the Ombudsman.
- May provide recommendations to a head of the regional unit of the Ministry of Interior in the field of public safety and traffic safety and
- Performs other activities determined by law.
(2) If the council fails to adopt the reports referred to in paragraph (1) items (7) and (9) of this Article, it may initiate a procedure for exercising control over the material and financial operations before the competent supervisory authority.
(3) The manager referred to in paragraph (1) item 12 of this Article shall be elected if he / she has been voted for by a majority of all the councils of the municipalities covered by the regional unit of the Ministry of Interior.
Council sessions are convened as needed, but at least once every 3 months. The sessions of the council are convened by the president of the council on his own initiative, at the request of the mayor or at the request of at least 1/4 of the council members within 15 days of the day of its submission at the latest.